What You Will Learn...
A Study of Biblical Economics, Discipleship, Justice and Peace. We have often assumed the bible says little about our “private economic life,” focusing instead on “spiritual issues.” But is there really a disconnect, especially in a world where God makes us all to be neighbours?
In a world of social upheaval, we often look to build different kinds of walls against other faiths, or ethic groups. When Israel did this, God led them instead to a life of service, claiming this would bring peace to their land. This was widely rejected by Israel, as were the same teachings by Jesus in the Sermon on the Mount.
Are we rejecting his teachings today? How can followers of Jesus build peace into our communities by learning about the government of God as revealed in the scriptures? Are the problems we see in the world today really because of religious or ethnic issues, or are they grounded more in the injustice that multiplied millions of people are facing?
Each lesson includes part of, or all of the following:
- Audio Lectures from Pst. Ralph Ebute
- Essential reading from Prof’s handout: Creation & New Creation
- Further reading from other authors (chapters, articles, blog posts)
Assignment & Exam...
To complete this course and earn credit hours with Christian Faith Institute you must:
- Complete an assignment paper – you will be given a number of essay topics. You must choose ONE topic and write a 1,500 word essay including references to your curriculum and other authors. There are no deadlines; submit when you are ready.
- Complete an exam – this exam will be carried out at either: CFI in Jos, or through one of our partner churches throughout Africa. You will be asked to write short responses to all the topics given for your assignment. Exams are always supervised and timed.