1 learner taking this course
In the second part of this module Kent Hodge moves on to discuss modern society and the implications of believing in a God of violence. There is an alternative, scripture read correctly does not reflect a God who delights in violence but one of restorative justice.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How many of the ideas we have about God are falsely borrowed from Greek ideas of their violent Gods
- How God revealed himself as a God of restoration throughout scripture
- What about eternal judgement? Is this consistent with a restorative God?
- What the early church thought of violence, destruction?
- What Jesus revealed as the heart of God
- How do we reconcile violence in the Old Testament with Jesus’ teachings of ‘turn the other cheek’
- What a God of restoration, as opposed to a god of violence, looks like in our communities, cities, world
This course provides you with a free ebook – Violence in Scripture (Part 2). This will be your main reading for the module. We recommend you read this book in the first 6 weeks and take the remaining 2 weeks to complete the module assessments. Further reading will be provided in the reading list.