1 learner taking this course
This module takes an in depth look at the book of Romans. It views Romans from the perspective of Paul in the 1st century and seeks to understand this message through the questions people were asking in Paul’s time. This is compared to views that came from the reformation and implications are drawn concerning the Church’s identity in the world today.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- you will learn the background context in which Romans was written
- learn about Paul’s view of the atonement
- the role of faith and the law in Christian life
- see how the Gospel was the fulfilment of Old Testament Hebrew expectations
- the role of Israel in the world today
You will be provided with a free eBook on Romans. You will also be expected to complete much of the further reading from the list provided in lesson 1. This module is assessed by way of a research essay and an end of module online timed exam.